Wednesday 21 November 2012

Mermaid Inspired Nails

Hi again! yes today I have another nail art to share as you know I absolutely adore nail art so this time I decided to do a mermaid inspired nails. I was pondering as to what I should do like the shells, the mermaid itself or the tail. I went with the tail as although I do enjoy doing nail art I wanted something that I'm able to do on both my nails. I felt that doing the mermaid itself might be challenging for my left hand as I'm right handed and what if my left hand started shaking? I might just screw the whole thing... so of course I felt that by doing my nails on parts of the mermaid tail is something not as challenging as compared to the whole mermaid but at the same time it is challenging in a way for me haha! enough rambling lets get on with the photos!

 The picture above is with filter while the picture below is taken in natural lighting. The polishes I used are OPI-Just Spotted The Lizard, OPI-Unforgretably blue, OPI-Rainbow Connection and a black striper.
Firstly I painted all my nails with two coats of OPI-Just spotted the lizard then I let it dry completely. After my nails are dried I use a cosmetic sponge and paint OPI-Unforgretably blue on the sponge and I did a gradient on my index,middle and pinky finger. I did this step to both my hands. Then I took a black striper and just drew crosses but it doesn't  have to be perfect. I personally think that a mermaid's tail will look better without the crosses being too perfect. But thats just how I like mine to be, so if you want yours to look more systematic feel free to do so:) Lastly for the ring finger and the thumb I painted a coat of Rainbow connection as I feel that mermaids are magical creatures so I wanted to add the magical touch, Haha.
Thank you  for taking time to read my post, and I hope you enjoyed this nail art:)



                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment